Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Go And Sin No More!


During my teen years, I attended a small bible study group every week. I was just beginning to enjoy meeting with the group without my mother forcing me to go. The Enemy was not happy in that I was beginning to pay special attention to the teaching. I would even study my bible at home. I learned a lot in God's Word. So to confuse things, the Enemy accused me of fornication and the pastor started to teach about fornication. As he taught, he noticed that I was excited about the teaching and witnessed to every word. This confused him and then he thought, she must not be guilty. So he then proceeded to say these words, directing his aim at me, "If you have not committed fornication but thought about it, you just as well go ahead and do it because you're guilty." I knew I was not even thinking about committing fornication, but his words confused me. As I meditated on what he said, suddenly a voice said to me, "No. I said, go and sin no more!" I knew exactly what the voice meant. I had recently read that when the religious leaders brought a woman to Christ Jesus that had committed adultery, He forgave her of adultery and then told her to sin no more. I understood that if a person has sinned in their heart by lusting after another person, then they should repent of that sin and sin no more, which means, do not proceed with the next step--the physical act. Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment