Friday, September 10, 2010

Hope In Christ Jesus

A young girl tried to commit suicide. Looking at her on the hospital bed, I asked, " Why?" She stated, "I broke up with my boyfriend and I did not see no hope. I immediately responded, "As long as you live, there's hope. When you die, there is no need for hope."

Wikipedia defines the word "hope" as "belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life". Today many women are placing their hope in an unstable foundation. The Word of God in James 1:8 says, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways". The word "unstable" means "likely to fall, collapse, and changeable". Just like this young girl, many women are choosing to directly place their belief in a human man to bring them positive results for their life. Too many women have committed suicide or carry the thoughts of suicide because of their failure to place their hope directly in a solid foundation. Remember, there is only one foundation, the one already laid: Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 3:11 MB). Hope in Jesus Christ will guarantee one to have positive and happy results in their life and marriage (Psalms 146:5).

My husband and I have been married for 25 years. During the early years of our marriage, we both failed to commit our heart, soul, mind and strength to the LORD God. We failed to place our hope in Jesus Christ which resulted in anger, confusion and misery (Psalms 43:5). We omitted the One, True Person who could have given us positive and happy results in our marriage and lives. As a result, the demon spirit of infidelity attacked our marriage. My husband decided to leave me and his two small daughters. A few days passed and he decided to come over to give me some money for the girls. I immediately responded to him, "The girls do not need your money. They need their father." Then he left again. I then went upstairs crying with all my heart. As I laid on the bed crying, suddenly a Presence entered my room. I did not see anybody, but I knew something strange was happening. My crying came to an immediate stop and I felt peace in my room and in my heart. I was not worrying any longer. I was about to fall into a peaceful sleep when all of a sudden the doorbell rung. I went to the door and it was my husband. He immediately hugged me and repented for his actions. I later asked him, "Why did you return?" He said, "I tried to leave, but couldn't."

Many years later when I began to serve the LORD God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength; the Holy Spirit reminded me of this circumstance in my life. I immediately knew that the Presence that entered my room that night was Jesus Christ. Even though, at that time, I did not have my hope in Him, He had His hope in me. He visited me and my husband and kept us together. I truly know that, faith and hope in Christ Jesus, will produce a positive and happy marriage and life.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 (MB)

But blessed is the man who trusts me, GOD, the woman who sticks with GOD. They’re like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers —Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.

Written with Permission from Roger D. King
by Mrs. Terry B. King, Evangelist/Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment