Sunday, July 3, 2011

Disconnections, Saith the LORD!


disconnect = to separate, cut off, detach, disengage
soul = a person's mind, will, and emotions
ties = to bind, attach, knot, join 

In service, as we were worshipping the LORD, the pastor began to speak. Suddenly, I heard the elder speak as well. As my eyes were closed, I said, "Which is which? Is it the pastor or the elder?" So I opened my eyes, and I saw that it wasn't the pastor speaking, but the elder. I was shocked because he/she sounded just like the pastor. I then remembered that it had happened twice before, but I didn't pay any attention to it. I thought about it and then the LORD said, "There are no Siamese twins in the Kingdom of God."  



As I thought on the LORD's words, I decided to look up the word "Siamese" and it means "providing two-to-one connection". I also thought about the Siamese twins that were in national headlines in the 70s. They were older ladies whose heads were joined together from birth. It was sad and hideous to look at. By being joined together, it forms an unhealthy relationship because when one dies, the other dies. 

Well just like Siamese twins are known to be unhealthy relationships in the physical realm, it is so in the spiritual realm. We must remember that each of us are unique. Just as in the natural realm each person has their unique DNA, it's the same in the spiritual realm. The Word of God informs us to be imitators of Christ Jesus and we are ONLY connected or joined to Him by faith. For Christ Jesus is the "True Vine" and ALL branches are joined or connected to Him. Branches are not connected to branches. Therefore, we are not directly joined to each other. Life is ONLY in the true Vine, Christ Jesus. All other connections are unhealthy and produces death. We are ONLY joined to each other by being joined to Christ Jesus. This is the ONLY way we will have healthy relationships one with another.  

We should NEVER be DIRECTLY tied, binded, attached or joined to any other person or thing. We should not form "soul ties" or birth "spiritual Siamese twins" because it will produce unhealthy relationships in the spirit realm.   

Soul ties! Unhealthy relationships! Bad habits! All need to be disconnected in the spirit realm! Christ Jesus is the ONLY One Who can disconnect us from all unhealthy connections! Selah †

No comments:

Post a Comment