Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Direct and Indirect Trust


I had a best friend whom I grew up with and her family treated me as part of their family.  I truly cared a lot for my friend.  Even during our teen years, we spent much time together.  

One summer we attended a camp and I noticed that most of the girls started to dislike me for no apparent reason.  I just ignored them and continued to spend more time with my childhood friend.  

One night as I was outside playing a game with another girl, I sat on the front step to rest.  As I sat there, I heard some girls talking.  I decided to look through the front door window to see who it was.  It was my best friend.  She was talking to the other girls against me.  I was shocked to hear her say those things about me.  After all, I thought we were best of friends.  This was when I then realized that my best friend was jealous of me.  I slowly and quietly sat back down on the porch.  I never made my friend aware of that night.  She never knew I heard her.  Even throughout our time at camp, I acted as though I never heard the conversation.  I refused to hate or dislike her for what she did, but I did realize I could no longer trust her.  

I truly believe the LORD God allowed me to gain that experience at an early age so that I could see that no matter how good a person may be, He is the ONLY One in whom we place direct trust.  As for the rest, trust is indirectly.  

Selah †

No comments:

Post a Comment