Sunday, January 10, 2016

Believe and Receive


I’m reminded of the time I was in Kenya and a woman came up to me crying that she had no money to take another orphan into her home. Earlier, an orphan approached her and asked if she could help her. This woman already had several orphans in her home and did not have means to take another one into her home. Unknowing to her, my mother-in-law had given me some money to give to someone who was helping orphans and I was looking for someone to give it to. As I listened and watched her, I knew the LORD God wanted me to give the money to her.  So I reached into my bag and pulled out the money and held it out to her.  I didn’t say a word to her. All she had to do was to receive it, but she was so caught up in crying and wailing that she could not see to receive.  The orphan girl standing beside her kept saying momma look, but the woman continued to cry and wail.  Then the orphan girl pushed her and pointed to the money.  Calming herself down, she then took the money.  Dear hearts, this is exactly how we do the LORD God whenever He give to us.  I have noticed MANY people in prayer and/or deliverance lines.  Instead of placing themselves in the position to receive, they do all sorts of things. For instance, a person will pray and/or jerk very rapidly and/or close their eyes. Doing these things will hinder a person from receiving from God.  All you need to do is to simply believe and then receive. It’s as simple as that.  Selah †

No comments:

Post a Comment